Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Sunday - day of rest!

So today I didn't go to work - a pleasant change after a massive end to the week - a crazy Thursday and Friday, put in extra hours, then was at a photo shoot yesterday and had a very busy weekend at a two day photo shoot last weekend.

This is my new life - hectic, fulfilling, stressful, rewarding and challenging. It is great to kick back today and do not much except watch the Olympics, catch up on MasterChef All Stars and cook.

It took a while this morning to let go of thoughts about work and give myself permission to rest. I am glad I did though! We all need balance and I am usually the first to trumpet kicking back and leaving work behind once you walk out the door. What's great now is that I care enough to be thinking about work at all kinds of odd hours. I can't let it dominate my inner life though. I need to protect my sanctuary here at home.

So Sunday night is here already. There is a chicken pie in the oven, should be super tasty. And then tomorrow, back into the fray!


No comments:

Post a Comment