Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

One step at a time

This morning I was feeling pretty disgruntled with the whole jobless thing - for the past few days I've been  fighting what felt like a losing battle with the loneliness of being out of the workplace, and a gnawing sense that I'm lacking a key element of direction, which could help me find what U2 -with all their rock star street-cred and massive bank balances - still haven't found.... so I hauled my butt off the couch and headed to a newly discovered bit of greenery for a walk.

A few laps around a little lake and walking path, enough to make me suck my breath in like a dying fish at one point (not that it takes much) and I was feeling pretty good.

After my walk, I borrowed a pile of books from the library (careers, cooking, art deco and the Julie/Julia book) and spent a few hours with my head buried in the lovely land of literature, a latte by my side.

So though I still haven't found what I'm looking for, I found enough to get me through today - and that's all I needed.

A       : )

1 comment: